March 6, 2020 Update: I spent the first half of this week working on the benchtop CNC router that I'm building. With the exception of the Z-axis, most of the mechanical hardware is in place now, so the next step is programming the microcontroller and interfacing it with an SD card reader so I have a way to load G-code files once the router is complete. The card reader I ordered hasn't arrived yet, so mid-week I shifted my focus to machining parts for a case trimmer that I'm building.
The case trimmer is nothing particularly revolutionary--I just needed a case trimmer and figured I could save about $50 by building my own instead of buying one, plus most of the reviews I've seen about popular case trimmers complain about cutters wearing out quickly, making me think that a lot of them probably make their cutters from plain high-carbon steel. This way, I can make one that accepts carbide-tipped cutting bits.
Finally, I did an experiment this week with powder coating: the shake-and-bake method works fine for small components, but it's hard to coat anything larger without an electrostatic spray gun that I don't have. Thus, I wanted to see if I could find a work-around. I tried mixing the powder-coating powder with various liquids to make a "paint" that I could brush onto a part and then bake to cure, but that didn't work at all. Water wouldn't even mix with the powder. Mixing it with denatured alcohol seemed to trigger a polymerization reaction that turned the powder into a solid putty that wouldn't stick to anything. WD-40 worked in the sense that it would mix with the powder to make a paint-like substance, but when I brushed it on a clean scrap of aluminum and baked it, the result was very poor coverage and even the globs of coating that did cure would flake off at the slightest provocation. However, I found that if I simply wiped a scrap of aluminum with a cloth dampened in WD-40, leaving only a very thin film of oil on the surface of the part, and then rolled the part in powder, shook off the excess, and baked it, the result was a uniform, adherent coating. Thus, while I didn't film this initial experiment, I intend to make a video about the method that actually worked.
In any case, this weekend I plan to upload a video I made a while ago about a DIY electrical current regulator.