CMP# 294 The Mixolydian Guitar Chord Vamp
Weekly Future Episodes of CMP. Composing for the Classical Guitar. I drop a new ep every Wed/Thurs at Noon Japan time!
1. CMP# 293 The Lydian Mode ( Dave Brubeck )
2. CMP# 294 The Mixolydian Mode
3. CMP# 295 The Aeolian Mode
4. CMP# 296 The Locrian Mode
Bitchute Exclusive! CMP# 294 The Mixolydian: DomiNA(n)tE!
Define the tonality: Most important! Mixolydian, Flat 7th, 5th mode of the major scale. Space, the empty frontier!
Implied Chord Structure Major (triads ),Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage, Blues Scale.
Variations in playing: rest/play, Odd combinations: Rest for 3 measures and start on off/on beats.
1. Create a chord Progression: One chord quality, different flavors!
2. Walking bass line, Play rest, and other oddities
3. Practice elements: space ( rest/play )
4. Lower THE 7th/Stress the 4th creates suspended sound
5. Parallel Comparison