People are rarely so mercenary IRL as to ask "what's in it for me?" But it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask what the benefits are for being a supporter. I also LOATHE those pages which cloak the commercial nature of the arrangement with platitudes & sophistries.
There are three things I think you'll find value in pledging your support for:
- You'll get access to the Radio Free Merctown Podcast
- You'll enjoy the long-term investment into the maintenance and improvement of the community websites
- You'll enjoy the player privileges of being a supporter on the community websites
The first two things require no further explanation, but what are these player privileges?
- Patron Items: gear your characters can select from which are uniquely available to supporters
- Milestone Rewards: these are benefits available to all patrons once a milestone (goal) is reached
- Priority access to our Roll20 games
- Access to our Discord Server(s)
- Recognition of your support via special ranks on the sites and podcast shout-outs
- Other benefits unique to each site
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in whatever way is best for you:
- Augur#7429 on Discord
- lloyd.ritchey at gmail for either Hangouts or e-mail
And finally, thank you for your support! Not only does your support help the community, and maintain the websites, but it also helps to keep a roof over the head of my family, and for that I'm ever grateful and thankful.